A really bad idea.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Nov 15 15:08:58 EST 2002

    Manuel> I will plead that the metric I should used was the ratio of
    Manuel> daily referenced documentation versus productivity in varied
    Manuel> programming tasks.  Python's ratio is pretty darn good, the best
    Manuel> I have found.

Indeed.  With very rare exception, the only documentation tools I need are
the builtin help() function and the global module index:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html

Fred Drake and his minions do a wonderful job keeping the documentation
within spitting distance of the source code.

I don't use any of those fancy-schmancy IDEs, though I do use python-mode,
which has F1 bound to call help() on the dotted attribute expression under
the cursor.

Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com
http://www.mojam.com/
http://www.musi-cal.com/