cannot import gtk

Lenny ronecker at noos.fr
Sun Nov 24 15:59:22 EST 2002

Hi,

I've just installed a RH 8.0, and while trying to use python programs from
my previous linuxbox, i encounter the following problems with python :

>    from gtk import GtkVBox
>ImportError: cannot import name GtkVBox

this is just an example. I have the same errors with many widgets, but
also, with GDK, etc.etc...

I tried with python (that is python1.5), python2 and python2.2

I really have gtk+- installed (/usr/include/gtk-1.2 AND gtk-2.0)
with (for the example above) a nice gtkvbox.h

I think python does not know where to look for modules or something like
that, but I'm new to this, and do not know what to do.

Thanx a lot for your help,