Python documentation in DocBook

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Nov 13 14:31:40 EST 2002

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> Good luck. Writing such a tex<->xml converter is an insanely
> non-trivial task, and I know a few bright people who have tackled
> it.

Python does have one.

> If you do succeed, _please_ let the Lyx team know about it.

I don't think that the Lyx team would like to use it, though, since it
is specific to the Python documentation.

> Latex is very hard to parse correctly, from what I've seen.

In the general case, yes. Not when it is Python documentation.

> Considering it's basically a full-blown programming language,
> short of rewriting TeX itself, this won't be a simple task...

If you can enforce constraints on the constructs used, parsing it is a
manageable task.

Regards,
Martin