[OT] Cameras (was Re: Why is Python popular, while Lisp and Scheme aren't?)

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Sat Nov 9 08:24:27 EST 2002

Totally off-topic, but hey...

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> writes:

> If you just want convenience for 4x6 prints from negative, a P&S is
> fine. But even a basic SLR like a Canon Rebel is about as easy to
> use as a P&S, while allowing you to 'go manual' when you feel like
> it.

What strikes me is that with modern, decent print film, going manual
-- at least wrt. exposure -- makes next to now difference.  I don't
know enough about the area to say what's going on, but I was
surprised.

Cheers,
M.

--
  > Why are we talking about bricks and concrete in a lisp newsgroup?
  After long experiment it was found preferable to talking about why
  Lisp is slower than C++...
                        -- Duane Rettig & Tim Bradshaw, comp.lang.lisp