Python 2.1, COM (Excel), and Threads...

dsavitsk dsavitsk at e-coli.net
Fri Nov 1 01:26:42 EST 2002

"Stephen" <stephen.tubbs at paretopartners.com> wrote in message
news:24420294.0210311031.18f8b3e0 at posting.google.com...
> Hi -
>
>    I am trying to get a threaded job server running that will thread
> scripts to manipulate various MS office apps.

running various MS office apps automatically can also be a recipe for
disaster.  Word, in particular, can only have one instance going at a time
else it will do all the work into the same document.  that is, if there are
2 scripts automating word they will both be automating the same document,
and likely crashing it.

to this end, i have been working on a spooler for word automation.  you can
find the gist at http://ecpspooler.sourceforge.net.  contact me if you are
interested.

-doug