HTML email marketing tool

Paul Wright -$P-W$- at verence.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 08:02:32 EST 2002

In article <mailman.1037073736.4948.python-list at python.org>,
=?big5?q?Terence=20Ng?=  <ngterry2000 at yahoo.com.hk> wrote:
>I guess it cannot consider as spaming if I provide the
>option to remove from the mailing list.

It is spamming if you email people with whom you have no previous business
relationship. It is spamming if you send mail to addresses you have
collected from the web or newsgroups. It is spamming if you subscribe
people to a list using a form on your web page without confirmation that
they wanted to join your list (see
<http://www.mail-abuse.org/nml/methods.html> for details of how
to run a mailing list).

It is still spamming even if you include a remove link, since most
people know that remove links only confirm your address as "live" to a
spammer, who will then spam that address even more.

Doing any of these things will get you into a blacklist like the RBL or
SPEWS <http://www.spews.org/>.

I'm-not-SPEWS-when-there's-an-"R"-in-the-month-ly yours,

--
Paul Wright | http://pobox.com/~pw201 |