Python instead of php

maney at pobox.com maney at pobox.com
Sat Nov 16 12:00:43 EST 2002

Marten Bauer <Marten.Bauer at gmx.net> wrote:
> Is it possible to use python like php as script language to writte
> the Userinterfaces also in html and python?

Yes, Python is an excellent language for web site/app scripting!

> Is modpython for apache or Twisted from Tweak Labroratory a possible
> way?

Yes.  You might want to take a look at the Quixote publishing
framework.  It seems to me to be a good match to code-intensive web
apps.  I'm using it for one such that is heavily database-driven with
very good results.

  http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

Quixote scripts can easily be moved between plain CGI (slow, but great
for development as your changes take effect instantly), fastCGI, or
modpython; I use the first two of these myself.

Luck!