PersistentList (ZODB)

Lee Harr missive at frontiernet.net
Tue Nov 19 17:35:34 EST 2002

In article <pan.2002.11.19.18.21.48.227528.710 at thomas-guettler.de>,
Thomas Guettler wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I use PersistentList v1.3 from Zope2.6.
>
> If I do the following
>
> mylist=PersistentList()
> type(mylist)
> mylist.append(5)
> mylist=[1, 2, 3] # (*)

[1, 2, 3] is a list, not a PersistentList

> type(mylist)
>
> mylist is not a PersistentList anymore. Is there
> a way to change PersistentList that way that the line
> marked with (*) does not delete the PersistentList,
> but creates a new empty one?

I have not looked at it, but what methods does PersistentList
have? Is there something to replace its contents? or to
empty it out completely?

You might have to dig around in the source code. I have found
with Zope that is sometimes the only way to find anything out.