Book recommendation please

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Mon Nov 4 10:55:19 EST 2002

In article <1036355743.4079.0 at doris.uk.clara.net>,
Geoff <capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
			.
>out why some application I download won't compile.  I would now like to
>reconnect with programming and do something more creative.  The silly
>thing is that I had this preconception (left over from C64 days I guess),
>that any worthwile language must be compiled and I did not pay any real
>attention to python until I read a little more about it a few weeks ago -
>since then it has been fun all the way :-)
			.
			.
			.
Great!

To congratulate you on your insight that worthwhile
languages need not be compiled (in the usual sense),
let me reinforce it:  Python (and other high-level
languages) have a record of achievement that compares
favorably to those of C++, Java, ... in every way,
apart from marketing.  Python isn't universal; it
comes as close to that dream as any language, though.
My guess is that, however broad the horizons you now
see for Python, the true ones are actually even more
expansive.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net