PyOpenGL install issues....

Simon Wittber (Maptek) Simon.Wittber at perth.maptek.com.au
Wed Nov 20 19:41:13 EST 2002

Hi Bryan,

I too had lots of difficulty installing PyOpenGL on RH8.

I can't tell exactly what your problem is, however it does look similar
to the error messages I was getting.

I solved the problem by installing Numeric, OpenGL, GLUT, then PyOpenGL.
I have an nvidia card, which came with its own set of OpenGL drivers,
but did not come with GLUT.

I then had to change the PyOpenGL configuration file to use -lGL -lGLU
-lGlut instead of the mesa libs. I suggest you make sure you have all
the required libs, then try and build PyOpenGL again.

Its worth the trouble, PyOpenGL is great!; Esp. when used with pygame
(SDL).