Dynamic loading of modules in AIX

Stuart D. Gathman stuart at bmsi.com
Fri Nov 8 01:13:03 EST 2002

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 22:04:23 -0500, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> I'm trying to get python to load dynamic modules. But after loading the
> module, when code inside the module calls back into the main program, it
> seg faults.  More details below.

You need to use ld_so_aix, which imports the symbols for the main program
into the loadable modules.  Otherwise, those symbols are unresolved
giving a coredump when called.

You can find my RPM spec file for python-2.2 at
http://www.bmsi.com/aix/python-2.2.spec

(along with binary RPMs and a tar of rpm itself.  RPM needs LANG=C on
some AIX versions.)

Even if you don't use RPM on AIX, the spec file will tell you how to
build python.  Look at the %build section.

--
	      Stuart D. Gathman <stuart at bmsi.com>