Python documentation in DocBook

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Nov 13 16:18:30 EST 2002

DaveP <DaveP at NEARLYdpawson.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> > However, it is not clear to what the value would be of completing the
> > circle, given that the XML is of no use.
>
> Martin, your prejudice is showing; very badly :-)

That might be the case. However, as a question, I meant it seriously:
What do I gain from converting the Python documentation to XML?

I'm convinced that there would be immediate gain; this is not a
prejudice but a fact.

Longer-term, I have been considering that using XML might help
translating the Python documentation to French and German, but I'm
certain that nobody else has that usage in mind. So I'm wondering what
other people expect from this, apart from buzzword compliance.

Regards,
Martin