A really bad idea.

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Nov 15 06:25:27 EST 2002

Andrew Koenig <ark at research.att.com> writes:

> Simon> I doubt that the C / C++ reference includes examples on slicing
> Simon> lists and using dictionaries, whereas the Python reference
> Simon> would *have* to, as these constructs are integral to the
> Simon> language.
>
> You might be surprised what you would find in the C++ standard library...

This is the hoary old language/library thing isn't it?  Not that C++
gets to be called "simple" or "small" on either count.

C without it's library would get a rating of "useless"... guess this
is true for most languages, but C more than most.

Cheers,
M.

--
  languages shape the way we think, or don't.
                                        -- Erik Naggum, comp.lang.lisp