nnes pruebauno at latinmail.com
Tue Nov 12 12:59:13 EST 2002

oleg_inconnu at myrealbox.com (Oleg) wrote in message news:<3d5b5ad8.0211080454.50bc6128 at posting.google.com>...
> http://www.norvig.com/python-lisp.html ), and I couldn't help but
> wonder why Python is popular, while Common Lisp and Scheme aren't?

Maybe because of this????

Newbie:
I want to add 2+2 ...

c.l.xx
go take some BASIC programming course first kid

c.l.p.
type [2] [+] [2] [Enter]

bozo
huh?

Newbie:
how do I read an xml file?

c.l.xx
I am selling this library you might be interested in ...

c.l.p.
copy and paste the following code budy

import xml

bozo
isn't xml standard in all computers?

Newbie:
I need to store some data in (Postgresql, Mysql)...

c.l.xx
Postgresql is open source. Write your own driver ...

c.l.p.
copy and paste the code of page x of the documentation provided with (PG, M)

bozo
buy (Oracle, DB2). It probably has a driver for xx language

Newbie:
I want to run my neat windows GUI thingy on a *nix machine

c.l.xx
graphical interfaces are for sissies

c.l.p.
install python on that *nix machine

bozo
I heard Java is "the" thing

Newbie:
I have application in language yy I want to use

c.l.xx
yy is evil rewrite everything in xx

c.l.p.
import it, call it, send textfiles ... we will find some way
to push, pull information into that thing

bozo
labor from elbonia will handle this for cheap money

P.S.: Don't take this too seriously :-)