Newbie w IDE Issues (win32)

Kenny Tilton ktilton at nyc.rr.com
Sat Nov 23 15:47:42 EST 2002

I am trying to settle on the best way to work on multi-module projects
in Python. In other IDEs for C and CL, after editing any number of
separate text files I can with one keystroke:

    save all open files
    recompile all and only changed files
    run the project

With IDLE (hopefully needlessly):

   for each changed file other than the 'main' one:
      save it
      run it (^F5) [side question below]

   find the module I consider main
   save it
   run it

1. main question: is there a better way with IDLE? Or.. I saw the
various IDEs in the vaults, any recommendations? Oddly, after /years/ of
  doing Lisp I still have not gotten into emacs, and want to defer that
a while longer.

2. side question: IIANM, I cannot just save a module. I guess the import
picks up the old .pyc?

FWIW, all in all, IDLE is serving nicely.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc