gui

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Thu Nov 21 09:11:08 EST 2002

In article <x73D9.1$bm5.142 at news.ecrc.de>,
Markus Jais  <markusjais at yahoo.de> wrote:
>Ryan oberto wrote:
>

>> hey all
>>
>> i have just installed my firs python trying to learn it now
>> is there a gui for it or must i just you the command line
>
>Hola
>
>one thing you can use is Idle
>http://www.python.org/idle/
			.
			.
			.
The original question is ambiguous; in either of its readings,
though, the answer is, "Yes".  Yes, there are at least a half-
dozen worthy IDEs for working with Python, including Idle, and,
yes, Python builds in capabilities for development of applica-
tions with graphical user interfaces (GUI).  Tkinter is the
most natural starting point in the latter regard, although,
again, there is a variety of choices, each of which enjoys
fervent favor among at least some Pythoneers.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net