Textbooks on Perl/Python

Erik Max Francis max at alcyone.com
Fri Nov 1 20:50:59 EST 2002

Jalab wrote:

> Any help in finding a university level textbook on the subject of
> "Scripting languages" I am mainly looking for a book that covers Perl
> and Python only as the 2 main scripting languages and that is written
> for students, i.e. chapter summary, exercises, etc. I hate to force my
> student to buy and study from two separate books.

I doubt you'll find one that will really cover both subjects adequately,
since they're totally different languages.  The only thing I can think
of that comes close is the "little language" books, that give a brief
summary of a wide variety of "little," high-level languages.  The one
I'm familiar with (though I don't own it) is _HPL: Little Languages and
Tools_ by Salus (editor).

/  \ Things are as they are because they were as they were.
\__/ Thomas Gold
    Bosskey.net: Return to Wolfenstein / http://www.bosskey.net/rtcw/
 A personal guide to Return to Castle Wolfenstein.