SMTP Relaying

Chris Gonnerman chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
Wed Nov 20 23:21:10 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "greenbeard" <greenbeard at yahoo.com>

> Hello all,
>
> I am having trouble getting some mail through to certain addresses.  I
> get an SMTPRecipientsRefused {to_address, 550 '5.7.1
> <to_address>...relaying denied.
>
> So I am pretty sure that it is due to the target address blocking the
> relay - my machine -> my SMTP on another machine -> corporate SMTP - as
> most non-corporate address have no problem receiving.  So think I am
> hitting the RFC2505 wall here but I cant quite seem to figure out what
> fields or combination of values to load to let the mail arrive ok.
>
> All advice appreciated.

I hope you aren't SPAMMING 'cause then we have to
send the DOGS after you...

SERIOUSLY, if the to_address isn't on the server
you are connecting to, and they aren't enabled
to relay to that domain, then nothing you can do
will change that.

One of the following:

-- You are connecting to the target mailserver
directly:  you must have screwed up the to_address.

-- You are using your ISP's relay:  It's mis-
configured?  Dunno.  Maybe they don't like your
face  :-)

-- You are using a third party relay without
permission:  SPAMMER, GET THEE BEHIND ME!

I really hope it's the first.

Chris Gonnerman -- chris.gonnerman at newcenturycomputers.net
http://newcenturycomputers.net