Python Tutorial Was: Guido's regrets: filter and map

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed Nov 27 00:16:48 EST 2002

In article <3DE44D27.3030904 at something.invalid>, Greg Ewing wrote:

> In the case of lambda, however, you can always get
> the same effect using an explicitly declared function,
> bound method, etc. So lambda isn't really  needed
> anyway, regardless of whether list comprehensions
> exist.

Technically, you can do everything with nothing but binary NAND operators,
so things like addition, subraction, etc. aren't really required. That
doesn't make it a good idea to eliminate things just because they can be
replace by more complicated sets of operations.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I think I'll do BOTH
                                  at               if I can get RESIDUALS!!