wrapping all class methods

Carl Banks imbosol at vt.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:00:49 EST 2002

Robin Becker wrote:
> ..... it seems I was asking a question that Python cannot answer as
> traceback.print_exc() will only print a traceback back to the point
> at which it's caught.  The stack frames are there and can be listed
> further, but I don't think that the line number information is
> always good beyond the exception handler.

Since you're using anygui, maybe it would be more helpful to wrap your
callbacks.  The Python GUIs I've used (gtk and tkinter) swallow
exceptions that reach the event loop, which seems typical, but they do
print the traceback to stdout.  Maybe anygui doesn't even print the
traceback, or maybe it't not showing up in your programming
environment.

--
CARL BANKS