Getting SSL certificate

Erno Kuusela erno-news at erno.iki.fi
Fri Nov 8 03:16:37 EST 2002

In article <m3smycjztc.fsf at mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>,
martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) writes:

| "Stuart D. Gathman" <stuart at bmsi.com> writes:
|| The httplib modules supports SSL, but does not check certificates.

| It would, if you would pass key_file and cert_file arguments to
| HTTPSConnection. Atleast theoretically; I doubt this has been tested
| much.

what do these arguments do? i had been under the impression
that key_file is for sending a client certificate, and cert_file
was for a certificate authority that the server cert should be
checked against. but it is a faint impression :)

in case it is so, this still does not let you at the server
certificate...

  -- erno