A vision for Parrot

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Wed Nov 6 10:23:38 EST 2002

Robin Becker <robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<3pE8dhAtvNy9EwoQ at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>...

> it seems that only those with sufficient muscle can force this on the
> world eg Sun/IBM/M$. They can clearly see the need to support only one
> backend.

...each. ;-)

Well, I suppose Sun and IBM are sort of sharing.

Paul

P.S. Projects like Parrot only really tend to succeed if they either
produce results quickly enough for casually interested parties or have
enough direction and motivation for the prolonged period of time that
they aren't producing highly usable output. Despite hearing about
Parrot occasionally, I'm not so sure that Parrot exhibits either of
these properties, but it would be nice to be proved wrong.