Python SHA-based encryption function, new version

Paul Rubin phr-n2002a at nightsong.com
Mon May 6 05:02:53 EDT 2002

Paul Rubin <phr-n2002a at nightsong.com> writes:
> I've uploaded a new version to:
>
>   http://www.nightsong.com/phr/crypto/p2.py
>
> Please continue to post any comments/suggestions/bugs.

Sigh.  That version (RCS revision 1.12, from yesterday) had a 1-word
typographical error that would have caused a silent but catastrophic
security failure.  It's fixed now.  If you downloaded revision 1.12
then please delete it immediately and get the current version.

The current version (revision 1.13) is still considered an eval/test
version and still has a date check.  I see a couple other code
cleanups I'm likely to make, and I might add more entry points, but
unless someone finds a problem, this release is probably the final
test version in terms of algorithms, and the second-to-final in terms
of code.  Next will be a release candidate with a date check, and if
no problems are found with it, there will be a final release with the
date check removed and no other changes.