XML: minidom toxml() does not work for non English files! :-(

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Tue May 7 04:52:03 EDT 2002

On Mon, 6 May 2002, Trent Mick wrote:

> Micheal, Marc-Andre,
>
> Perhaps you could help me shed some light on this.

Perhaps.  Not a lot, I suspoect.

> There are two issues
> that I see:
[...]
>     2. It looks to me like Python 2.2.1 does *not* include the
>        StringIO.py that is part of the 'r221' Python CVS tag. Am I
>        wrong?

I just d/l-ed the release tarball of 2.2.1 and found the version of
StringIO.py I was expecting to find (i.e. MALs + my --disable-unicode
fix, which I really must get around to installing on the trunk
sometime...).

> Any insight would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Trent
>

> Further information:
>
> - StringIO CVS log:
>   http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/python/python/dist/src/Lib/StringIO.py
>

> - diff of Python Labs' 2.2.1 StringIO.py with StringIO.py in CVS at the
                         ^^^^^
2.2.1 here.

>   'r221' tag:
>
>     C:\>diff -u C:\PythonLabs22\Lib\StringIO.py D:\cvs\python-r221\dist\src\Lib\StringIO.py
                               ^^
2.2 here?  Maybe?

I don't think this one is my fault.

Cheers,