Slight irritation with try/finally indentation

Lumberjack lumber at jack.com
Fri May 3 21:20:33 EDT 2002

pinard at iro.umontreal.ca (François Pinard) wrote:
>     setup()
>     try:
>         process()
>     finally:
>         cleanup()
>
> What I find irritating is that `cleanup()' is not aligned anymore with
> `setup()', as it was originally, so we loose on the legibility of the
> parenthetical idiom we wanted to stress.

"We"? Who else are you speaking for?

> Are others on this list bothered with this issue?

So far you seem to be crying alone.

> And if yes, what do you choose to do?

I suggest you and anyone else similarly afflicted with low irritant
thresholds find another language, if any exists, where you are not so
easily irritated. Or do something silly like:

try_Setup()   # One way.
____Setup()   # Another way.
try:
    Process()
finally:
    Cleanup()

Whatever you do, please don't propose a PEP as a "solution"!