ODBC v. mxODBC

Cristian Echeverria cer at tutopia.com
Fri May 10 14:28:26 EDT 2002

Is not so hard to use odbc with mxDateTime if you use the COMDate
method from the mxDateTime objects. This way you can store your dates
as long interger or something like that.
DateTime objects are the less portable thing between different
databases. So this way to switch from one database to other is less
difficult.
Anyway mxDateTime is a "must have" if you want to use databases with
python.

Cristian Echeverria