Newbie: finding the key/index of the min/max element

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Thu May 2 08:20:26 EDT 2002

[James J. Besemer]
> Andrew Dalke wrote:
>
> > And "dealt with"
> > sounds more harsh that I would like to be, and would like the group to be.
>
> Ok you can NOT "deal with" them.
>
> People seem to attach a negative connotation to what I say no matter how neutral
> I try to be.  I appreciate that some of this is my own fault but I'll be glad
> when you all can take my words at face value.

In my oppinion some of the inhabitants of c.l.py bias their
interpretation strongly on your first postings. Noticing that
you don't plan to go away (hopefully!) they remain somewhat generally
negative. Maybe they fear that in the long run you are going
to change their place to a sarcastic, screaming hell?

Actually i started to take part in c.l.py at about the same
time as you. I really enjoy many of the postings here (including yours)
and try to contribute. And i hope that the people who brought
c.l.py to its current mostly joyful state give interested newcomers
more than one chance to adapt. (e.g. i hope that Alex Martelli
does not think too badly about me after our 'update locals()'
argument).

greetings,

    holger