Where does IDLE expect to find imported files?

Justin Shaw wyojustin at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 21:12:36 EDT 2002

Python searches the $PYTHONPATH  environmental variable which behaves like
the $PATH variable.  Try this:
UNIX> setenv PYTHONPATH /home/caroline/python             # or wherever
prog.py is
UNIX> python
>>> import prog
>>> prog.run() ...

To make the module available to all users put it in (on Solaris default
install) /usr/local/lib/python2.2/site-packages/

Good luck!

news:ach90f$141$1 at knossos.btinternet.com...