Multibyte Character Surport for Python

Karl Eichwalder keichwa at gmx.net
Thu May 9 03:27:35 EDT 2002

pinard at iro.umontreal.ca (François Pinard) writes:

> Oh, being prevented from writing French identifiers correctly always
> irritated me, for dozens of years now: this is a mild, yet permanent
> irritation.

You can try to make better use of Emacs.  Write proper 8bit letters and
at save time let Emacs convert them to a ASCII representation; loading
file again Emacs should be able to decode it (several examples are
available: TeX/LaTeX, PSGML).  Not sure whether it's worth trying ;-)

--
ke at suse.de (work) / keichwa at gmx.net (home):              |
http://www.suse.de/~ke/                                  |      ,__o