mod_python and form data

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Wed May 1 15:35:59 EDT 2002

* Jim Henry <jamespp35 at yahoo.com> [2002-05-01 10:39 -0700]:
> I'm trying to access form data when using the Publisher handler.  I know
> that fields can be passed in as parameters, but I do not always know which
> fields will be present.  The documentation states:
>
> one must not attept to instantiate FieldStorage when using the Publisher
> handler and should use Request.form instead.
>
> But the documentation on Request DOES NOT MENTION any .form - what's a guy
> to do???

Have you looked at the example in the tutorial?

http://www.modpython.org/live/mod_python-2.7.8/doc-html/tut-pub.html

If you really don't know which field names will come in, you might want
to use the **kwargs form of function parameters.

Explanation here
http://www.python.org/doc/current/ref/function.html
if you should not know this form (I didn't for a long time).

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 15.0 °C      Wind: 3.8 m/s