OT: off-topic

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu May 23 03:28:51 EDT 2002

Isn't this similar to (someone-or-other's) proof that there's no such thing
as an uninteresting number? The idea is that you have a list of numbers
which are "interesting" for some reason, eg 4 & 6 are the sum of their
factors etc. You are then left with a list of "uninteresting" numbers.
However, the smallest number in this list is the smallest uninteresting
number, and is therefore interesting, so it moves to the list of interesting
numbers, leaving you with the smallest remaining uninteresting number, which
therefore becomes interesting, etc. etc.

TJG