little question

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Fri May 10 06:20:48 EDT 2002

shagshag wrote:

> Does anyone knows where to find (a) python module(s) to handle inverted
> index and build it from text/xml file ?

I'm not sure what an *inverted* index is.  A dictionary indexed by
word and for each word giving the set of (filename,linenumber) where
the word appears appears as a tiny example in my Linux Magazine article,
April issue -- a few lines to build it, a few to use it for queries
"where is this word found".  But that's what I'd call an index,
nothing 'inverted' about it, so I don't know what you need.

Alex