Stackless python + official python ?

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu May 9 06:46:33 EDT 2002

Pekka Niiranen <krissepu at vip.fi> writes:

> After reading "Continuations and Stackless Python" by Christian
> Tismer I started wondering if there are any plans to merge his
> efforts to official Python release ?

Not at the moment, no.

> Or is it too late because user and application base of the language
> are allready so wide that pure engineering decisions for the
> language development are impossible ?

No. The previous implementation of Stackless Python was unacceptable
for integration in the "official Python release", because the code was
essentially unmaintainable. Christian has since abandoned this
approach and started all over again; the new code is not yet complete
enough for inclusion.

Regards,
Martin