Python Enterprise Objects

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Fri May 10 16:08:38 EDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-10 at 08:32, Bill Tate wrote:
> While I applaud your intent (re: "replacement of J2EE or.. .NET") - I
> would kindly suggest you bear in mind what your up against.  All hype
> aside, Java is and/or will offer solutions from the embedded and
> mobile device levels all the way up to corporate IT systems.

All of this is incidental.  The premise of posting to this list, and of
creating the project, is that there's something worth doing here, and
worth doing in Python.  What position Java is in doesn't really matter.
Negativity be gone!

Of course, the very use of the word "enterprise" implies that our
insular joy may mean little that cold, barren land.  That's why I try
not to touch that stuff -- life is more fun elsewhere.

  Ian