AS Rant. WAS: shutil rant

Neil Hodgson nhodgson at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 18 17:54:53 EDT 2002

David LeBlanc:

> Aside from the Windows Scripting Host interface, what other benefit does
AS
> Python in addition to Python and PythonWin? I would have thought the
> prohibition on redistribution to 3rd parties of the AS distribution would
> have been troublesome? It strikes me as "ActiveTaint" more then
> "ActiveState".

   PythonWin and win32all (including WSH) are available independently of
ActiveState ActivePython:
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/

   ActivePython is a nicely bundled distribution of Python. Its useful
because you can tell people to just grab a copy and run the installer and
they will have a good set of functionality.
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePython/

   Neil