Pmw.Blt

Howard Lightstone howard at eegsoftware.com
Tue May 28 14:04:31 EDT 2002

Ivica Munitic <imunitic at dijana.vest.hr> wrote in
news:slrnaf4sp8.abj.imunitic at dijana.vest.hr:

> I inastalled the Pmw package but when a try the BLtGraph demo i get
> only a label telling me that the BLT package is not installed.
> I fetched the BLT for Tcl83 package and that didn't help .. i don't
> know where to put the BLT24.dll and BLT24.lib files. I tried puting
> Blt24.dll into DLLs directory in Python22 root directory and Blt24.lib
> under the tcl directory. That also didn't help.
> What am I doing wrong except my English :)))

The problem seems to be that the Pmw loader uses the Tcl loader
which uses the old-style Windows LoadLibrary procedure which uses
a "standard" set of load paths.  Apparently, the BLT dll is not on any of
those paths, perhaps because Python puts the tcl directory under it
instead of in "Program Files\Tcl".

Try this:

copy entire  BLT2.4 directory from (Python) ---tcl\lib
                              to            ---tcl\tcl8.3
copy blt24.dll from (Python)  tcl\bin
                 to           \windows\system

This seems to work for me on clean install tests.