Python program problem involving reading a web site.

Mike Varney varney at collorado.edu
Fri May 31 00:12:49 EDT 2002

"Peter Hansen" <peter at engcorp.com> wrote in message
news:3CF6F290.ACAA4FEF at engcorp.com...
> Mike Varney wrote:
> >
> > I wrote a quick little program that is supposed to read the html from a
web
> > site and to update the web counter to show another hit.
>
> Is there some valid reason for updating a web counter in this way?

Perhaps, perhaps not.  It could be nefarious, or not. :-)
More likely if it was for nefarious purposes, I would resort to morphing
into a script kiddy.
In the end I guess it all depends on what you think about crackpots and
pushing their buttons.

Regardless, it is a question related to the implementation of python.

> It smells like the moral equivalent of ballot-stuffing...  maybe I'm
> just missing something.

Yup.  But the question still remains.