Registering PythonCOM22.dll fails?

henk.derudder at barconet.com henk.derudder at barconet.com
Thu May 16 02:15:24 EDT 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002 23:19:52 GMT, Mark Hammond
<mhammond at skippinet.com.au> wrote:

>henk.derudder at barconet.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to register PythonCOM22.dll through regsvr32.exe. I get
>> the eroormessage that DllRegisterServer is not exported. Using the
>> dependency walker learns me that this is indeed the case, however
>> DllRegisterServerEx *is* exported. Any idea how I can get this dll
>> registered?
>
>This DLL can not be registered with regsvr32.  DllRegisterServerEx() was
>for an obscure feature of regsvr32 that never turned out to be useful (
>the idea was you could say "regsvr32 myfile.py" and have it register.)
>
>Why do you think you need to register it?

I am trying to prepare an unattended installation of the Python
runtime environment. Therefore I need to
a) copy the binaries into the appropriate directories
b) set the registry

As PythonCOM22.dll is a COM object I thought to let it register
through regsvr32 (registering it manually by setting all ProgID,
AppID, and so on by hand was too tedious and cumbersome). Please note
that at the time I want to let that dll register, the runtime
environment is not installed yet, so letting the .py file execute
istself to register will be hard I guess