formatter output to list

John Hunter jdhunter at nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Wed May 22 12:10:05 EDT 2002

    Justin> Seems like option 2 is the easiest.  You don't need to
    Justin> know any internals of AbstractWriter.  It looks like the
    Justin> writer passes pretty small chunks.  Here is the barebones
    Justin> example.

Great -- works perfectly. I was daunted at the prospect of trying to
make a list into a file object because there are a lot of file object
methods that didn't make since to me in a list.  But from your
example, I see you don't need to do them all, just the ones that
DumbWriter requires .  And since the dumb writer is dumb, it doesn't
need many; just 'write'

Thanks,
John Hunter