py2exe Service Error

Matt Rapoport mattrapoport at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 12:52:27 EDT 2002

I've created a very simple Python sript that runs as a service on a
Windows machine.  I'd like to distribute this program without having
to distribute the python compiler.

It seemed as though py2exe was the perfect solution.  I followed the
instructions on the web site to create my .exe file and it runs
perfectly on my machine!  Hurray!

Here's the bad part ... when I copied the .exe file and all the other
files in the dist/MyService directory to a machine that doesn't have
Python installed on it it doesn't work.

When I try to install the service I get this message:

Could not open service manager, error code 5.

ANY IDEAS????