Message queueing

jaf jaf at lcsaudio.com
Fri May 3 03:27:43 EDT 2002

Hey Noah,

> You have quite an impressive history log there. Two years of pretty
> consistant development. It looks interesting. Do you have any
> sample applications? I like the fact that you have a Python client
> interface.

If you look in the ''python' subfolder in the muscle2.14.zip archive,
there is a sample Python application there called pythonchat.py.  It is
a simple command-line-only chat client that is compatible with my BeOS/
MUSCLE based chat and file sharing app, BeShare.  It's small and simple
enough that it makes a decent sample app, IMHO.

If you are looking for sample apps in Java or C++, let me know, there
of some of those floating around as well.

> Is it POSIX? It says it's for BeOS and "other operating systems".
> That makes me nervous (no offense to all you BeOS freaks...).

Yeah, it's all POSIX except for some OS-specific convenience classes in
the besupport, atheossupport, and qtsupport subfolders.  But you can do
pretty much anything it supports without using the OS-specific classes,
they are just there to make things a little easier for users of those
OS's.

At my work we use MUSCLE under Win98, OS/X, Linux, FreeBSD, and BeOS,
and it works fine for us on all of those systems.

Cheers,
Jeremy

Hey Noah,