Python and IIS

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Sun May 19 17:16:49 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Churches" <tchur at optushome.com.au>
To: "Steve Holden" <sholden at holdenweb.com>
Cc: <python-list at python.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2002 4:16 PM
Subject: Re: Python and IIS

> "Robert Plant" <robert.plant at clara.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> > I would like to configure IIS 5 to use python cgi scripts.
>
> Somewhat related to this: a few weeks ago I took the time to read the
> license for Windows 2000 Server, and was surprised to find that a
> Client Access License is required for each authenticated user of
> IIS (or any other Web server, such as Apache?) running on Windows 2000
> Server. That was (is) not the case with the Windows NT Server license.
> Details at
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/server/howtobuy/pricing/changes.asp

All this merely serves to highlight the fact, familiar to anyone who has
been an Intel customer over the past twenty years, that the price of the
product is now completely unrelated to any costs associated with production.

I'm continually amazed that customers don't object to this "charge what the
market will bear" pricing.

regards
Steve Holden                                 http://www.holdenweb.com/
Python Web Programming                http://pydish.holdenweb.com/pwp/