How to access to a remote db

Sara D'Amico saramard at camerond.tin.it
Fri May 10 13:01:52 EDT 2002

Hi Steve,
thanks for your quickness.

I'm trying to extend a network based on microsoft system with linux servers
in a school, for my thesis' project.
I used samba with linux to implement a ms NT Primary Domain Controller, and
a friend of mine is designing the db using MS Access.  I should get the
info about students from that db; and then create the accounts for the
authentication procedure in the network.
I thought to use a table to store the usernames in the db. Then the PDC
accesses to the db and adds the user's accounts.
So the problems are: the remote access and the PDC's update.

I hope you'll understand something in all this mess.
Thank you very much
Sara