Is python really slow?

Dave Cole djc at object-craft.com.au
Wed May 22 06:42:42 EDT 2002

>>>>> "Skip" == Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

Bjorn> I'm not a Perl expert, but from what I hear it is considerably
Bjorn> harder to extend/embed Perl (someone please correct me if I'm
Bjorn> wrong <wink>).

Skip> I've heard that interfacing Perl & C is challenging.  Still,
Skip> there is Inline::C.

I wrote two extensions using perlxstut and was still none the wiser
about what was really going on.  From the first bit of code I wrote
for my first Python extension, I had a pretty good idea about what was
happening.

So, from the statistically significant sample of one, I would say that
it is much harder to extend or embed Perl than it is for Python.

- Dave

--
http://www.object-craft.com.au