socket sends unexpected extra word in UDP packet

Chris Liechti cliechti at gmx.net
Sat May 25 17:32:42 EDT 2002

Pierre Fortin <pfortin at pfortin.com> wrote in
news:20020525170124.3b2d7755.pfortin at pfortin.com:
> I created a simple UDP script which does not work with some remote
> hosts...  the only difference I can find is that the packet start looks
> like this:
>
>   MACdst, MACsrc, 0x0000, 0x0800, 0x45...
>                   ^^^^^^  This is extra.
>
> Some systems seem to ignore the extra 0x0000; but my customer's server
> doesn't...  At this point, I don't
> know precisely what OS the server is running.
>
> I can have a fix tested if someone has a patch...  I'm not comfortable
> with the socketmodule.c source; but I'm hunting for the bug in the
> meanwhile...

it would help when you could post some small script that shows you problem.
not many people will come up with their own test script but if you post one
many people could verify your results and code and give you some specific
advice (or even guess the unknown OS :-).

chris

--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>