Off Topic, But List Related -- Tired of Getting Spammed Via The Python List?

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Sat May 25 12:46:34 EDT 2002

[Peter F. Ferris]

> I would like to think no one in the group is a spammer (I may be naive at
> times!).

It might be unrelated, or not.  I care for a few lists opened to subscribers
only, and recently, I saw unwanted email circulating on them.  In the
few cases I looked into a bit more closely, originators were all running
Microsoft emailing agents, and had their systems infected.  So I guess
subscribers had these messages sent against their will -- I mean, once we
accept to disregard the will they have for running questionable software :-).