Rationals and Linear Programming in Python

Noah Spurrier noah at noah.org
Sun May 12 12:51:50 EDT 2002

Can anyone point me to the current state of the art in
Rational number modules for Python? I'm surprised that
Numerical Python does not do rationals.

I'm working on a Linear Programming problem (I could use a LP module too.).
I've seen a few LP modules, but nothing that works with rationals.
I've also seen a few rational modules, but many of them looked old.
It was hard to tell what has the most active development and support.

If anyone has any experience or tips for math packages then I
would appreciate hearing about it.

Yours,
Noah