Ann: Stackless Limbo Dancing Works Fine!

Andrew Henshaw andrew.henshaw at mail.com
Mon May 27 21:26:56 EDT 2002

Fernando Pereira wrote:

> On 5/25/02 1:29 AM, in article ueu89e5dafsmb3 at corp.supernews.com, "Andrew
> Henshaw" <andrew.henshaw at mail.com> wrote:
>> The Occam compiler will
>> prevent that behavior; but, when programming with C (with Transputer
>> libraries for parallel processing), this technique is used, occasionally.
> Occam != CSP
>
> -- F

Of course.  I was merely agreeing with your statement that the Transputer's
implementation of channels did not indicate anything about the CSP
definition of channels. Furthermore, despite the impression of the original
poster, Transputer channels are more like your previously stated impression
of CSP then my stated impression.  This behavior could be accessed under C
but not under Occam (the language in which most Transputer programs are
programmed).  I suspect that this may have been the source of confusion for
the original poster, as Occam is so closely identified with the Transputer,
and vice versa.

-- Andy