Any CD-ROM writer support in python?

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Wed May 1 11:49:16 EDT 2002

In article <aann9v$p14$1 at peabody.colorado.edu>, Fernando Pérez wrote:
> Pierre Rouleau wrote:
>
>> I am looking for python based CD-ROM writer support. Does
>> anyone know where I could find some python code or libraries to
>> do that?
>
> If you're under Linux, cdrecord is _the_ standard.

And it appears to be designed so that it can be easily
controlled programatically via a pipe.  Unless you want to
spend many, many hours swearing at the designers of CD-Burners,
a wrapper for cdrecord is probably the way to go.

Last time I researched it, cdrdao had a bit of an edge when it
comes to burning audio CDs -- particularly when it came to
controlling the gaps between tracks.  That may have changed.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I guess we can live
                                  at               on his POT FARM in HADES!!