How to

magni2k magni2k at uni.de
Wed May 8 08:23:14 EDT 2002

Hi, Thanks a lot for the help from Skip Montanaro and Andreas Jung!

But now a new question. This is the complete code and I am not able to call
the function so, that it only prints out e.g. the gethost list. How can I
handle this in __name__ == '__main__'! Or is there another possibility to
handle this more elegant or simpler? Thanks for help and hints!
The function call should be in this type:
python filelist.py serverlist.txt
and optional:  python filelist.py serverlist.txt gethost
or  python filelist.py serverlist.txt getprotocol getpath

Thanks for help and hints!

filelist.py
import sys, string, urlparse

class ListFile:

   def __init__(self, filename):
       self.file = open(filename, 'r')

   def __getitem__(self, i):
       line = self.file.readline()
       if line:
           return line
       else:
           raise IndexError

   def __getattr__(self, name):
       return getattr(self.file, name)

   def getall(self):
       for line in self.file:
           parseurl = urlparse.urlparse(line)
           getprotocol = parseurl[0]
           gethost = parseurl[1]
           getpath = parseurl[2]
           print getprotocol, gethost, getpath,

   def getprotocol(self):
       for line in self.file:
           parseurl = urlparse.urlparse(line)
           getprotocol = parseurl[0]
           print getprotocol

   def gethost(self):
       for line in self.file:
           parseurl = urlparse.urlparse(line)
           gethost = parseurl[1]
           print gethost

   def getpath(self):
       for line in self.file:
           parseurl = urlparse.urlparse(line)
           getpath = parseurl[2]
           print getpath,

if __name__ == '__main__':
   line = ListFile(sys.argv[1])
   line.getall()
   line.getall()
   line.getprotocol()
   line.gethost()
   line.getpath()

Mit diesen Gewinnen geht die Party richtig los:
Mit bis zu 50.000 Euro in bar und Traumpreisen im Gesamtwert
von 100.000 Euro gibt es genug Anlass zum Feiern!
Gleich Anmelden unter http://www.firstcampus.de